Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest cryptly

Komodo Dragon

54 posts in this topic

Gary, what is important to remember is that Steve and Dr. Fry have different study fields. Dr. Fry is a toxicologist and Steve is a zoologist. Dr. Fry is the best at what he does, no arguments there. Steve has done most of his work on lizards, so snakes isn't his field at all. He doesn't do too badly considering. Steve is also more concerned with conservation whereas Dr. Fry is more concerned with the chemistry behind venom.

Another point is that his show is exactly that: a show. A lot of people who have no interest in snakes watch it to see what he gets up to. In the process they learn something without knowing it.

I don't like Steve Irwin much, but dues need to be given for the conservation awareness he promotes.

Also, a lot of people that watch Steve's show really don't care about "neurotoxic receptors" etc. We know more about snakes than most(at least, we should), so we would prefer Dr. Fry's work.

But to point out Dr Fry is as well rounded as say a steve erwin.

Steves Dad knows his stuff though not many people know that. What I was trying to pint out is you see the Erwins and Corwins cuase of the TV shows they do. The Frys and Bush's(well he has a show too now) are behind the scenes. Just becuase you do not see it on the TV does not mean it is not out there.

Then you have the people like Ray unter and Ray Goushaw that many people do not know about but man if I was to go into their areas I would want them to be there.

But I see where you are coming from. I see seve as a show off.............A Show ff to make a buck. He banks a lot from the TV show.

I agree with the show off bit Gary, and he does make a lot of money from his show. All in all its sad that only the people really interested get to know about someone like Dr. Fry.